Hunter AHP Resourcing have an amazing locum opportunity for a Band 5 Pharmacy Technician to join an NHS hospital service in London.
Our client is currently seeking a Band 5 Pharmacy Technician to join their hospital team on an immediate basis, working 5 days per week, for at least 3 months.
The clinical duties involved will be:
Help manage stock including vaccines appropriately in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Independently manage cold chain of vaccines for transport
- Observing and carrying out drug packing, inputting and checking within the service
- Carrying out audits on drug packs
- Assisting Pharmacy Technician Specialist to investigate incidents regarding medicines packing in the LSU
- Waste management, mainly around controlled drugs
- Carrying out audits on ambulance stations. (experience of carrying out controlled drug audit is required)
- Will be required to travel to different ambulance stations
- Individual will be required to work independently and work with their own initiative
- Adapt to changes in an effective and timely manner. Please note this is critical for the organisation that we are, and the increasing demands and changes expected as a result of the COVID pandemic.
- Developing processes and procedures (previous experience of writing SOP’s is desired)
This locum role is due to start immediately, with a working pattern of Monday – Friday, 5 days per week, 9am – 5pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
The contract lengths of this role will be for at least 3 months, with a high likelihood for this to extend. There may possibly be the option to take on a permanent position at the end of the contract here for the right applicant.
The service is based in London with accessible public transport links, such as a train station near to the hospital with a short walk to the bus station, where frequent bus services run to and from the hospital. The hospital also has parking on site.
Pay rate for this role will depend on your prior experience. Hospital experience is necessary for this position.
- £15-22 per hour (depending on experience)
- NHS Hospital Service
- Start date: May 2021
- Duration: 3 – 4 months – possibility to take permanent contract at end of role
- 5 days per week, no weekend working available. Possibility that the service may consider part time working. 9am-5pm.
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity, please call Alfie on 0203 475 485 to find out more, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not available for this position? Recommend a friend or colleague! We operate a simple and transparent scheme – we pay you £250 for a successful placement (qualifying period applies)
Why work with Hunter?
- Join the community, be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients.
- Represented by AHP sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Quick & simple online registration
A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter AHP network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter AHP is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
Access to exclusive Hunter AHP events and discounted CPD.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about.
Reference Number: AR/14/04/21