Paediatric Occupational Therapist: for an experienced Social Care occupational therapist to join Occupational Therapy Service, part of a therapy team in a Disabled Children’s Service.
The Occupational Therapy Service is provided for children with a range of physical and developmental disabilities in the community. The service aims to support children with permanent and substantial physical or learning disabilities, and their families, to enhance the individual’s abilities and independence at home and to support parent/carers in managing the child’s daily activities.
The successful Occupational Therapist will carry out comprehensive, assessments and recommendations to solve practical problems encountered by children and young people with disabilities and their families within their home, enabling them to remain safe and to retain/regain an appropriate level of independence. You will also facilitate major and minor adaptations and supply of specialist equipment for use in the home environment.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience of working as a Social Care Occupational Therapist
- Experience of working with children with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and complex needs
- Able to manage a workload of complex caseloads
- Able to carry out assessments for and provisions of complex adaptions
- Have the ability to communication effectively both written and verbally
Further details of the role:
- Start Date: ASAP. Expected
- Duration of role: to cover a permanent position so at least 3 months
- Hourly rate of £30-£35ph